Vodafone is the first Australian telco out of the blocks selling the Samsung GALAXY Tab 10.1 tablet. Apple delayed the Australian launch of this device by several months with legal challenges but those have now been dismissed by the High Court and the GALAXY Tab 10.1 is on its way. And with a Vodafone pre order system on their website you can have one in time for Christmas! Vodafone has opened pre orders now for the GALAXY Tablet and they will start shipping on December 16th 2011. So if you want to get your new Samsung Tablet before Christmas then order before this date to guarantee delivery before December 25th. Details on the wireless broadband plans that are bundled with the tablet are below.
Details The Samsung GALAXY Tab 10.1 is a light weight tablet with great specs and features. The screen has 1280-by-800-pixel resolution at 149 pixels per inch (ppi). It weighs just 565 grams. It has a Dual-core 1Ghz NVIDIA® processor and the operating system is Android™ 3.1 Honeycomb. This GALAXY tablet has a front facing and a rear facing camera. The back facing one is 3MP with auto-focus and LED flash and the front facing camera is 2MP. The current version for release in Australia has 16GB of internal memory and is Wi-Fi and 3G enabled for data. Vodafone has bundle deals so you can get the GALAXY Tab 10.1 like you would a normal mobile phone contract, but with included data each month instead of calls! So you’ll have a great Samsung tablet and 3G wireless broadband to use the internet in 3G coverage areas when you don’t have Wi-Fi. Vodafone Samsung Tablet Bundles Vodafone is offering the Samsung GALAXY Tab 10.1 as part of a wireless broadband bundle deal. With plans starting at just $39 in total per month on a 24 month contract, it’s probably much cheaper than you were expecting. The following wireless broadband plans are currently available on 24 month contracts from Vodafone:
- 1.5GB of data – $15 per month for the data + $24 per month for the tablet = $39 per month ($936 minimum spend)
- 6GB of data - $29 per month for the data + $24 per month for the tablet = $53 per month ($1,272 minimum spend)
- 12GB of data – $39 per month for the data + $24 per month for the tablet = $63 per month ($1,512 minimum spend)
- 14GB of data – $49 per month for the data + $24 per month for the tablet = $73 per month ($1,752 minimum spend)
- 18GB of data – $59 per month for the data + $24 per month for the tablet = $83 per month ($1,992 minimum spend)